Tnuza Jamal Hassan Bio, Wiki, Age, Married, Net Worth, Twitter, Instagram, Known Facts


Tnuza Jamal Hassan Bio

Tnuza Jamal Hassan is a young former student at St. Catherines University, in St. Paul, Minnesota, who is accused of setting a series of eight fires there, on the morning of January 17, 2018. The fires were set over the course of several hours. No one was hurt, but one of the fires was set in a building that included a daycare center, and 33 children were evacuated.

Tnuza Jamal Hassan Charges

The Federal charges she faces include arson and attempting to support a terrorist organization. She also faces arson charges in State court.

Tnuza Jamal Hassan Trivia Quick WIki/Bio

Tnuza Jamal Hassan Born 1998 (age 20–21)
Tnuza Jamal Hassan Nationality USA
Tnuza Jamal Hassan Occupation student
Tnuza Jamal Hassan Known for Lit a series of fires after failing to immigrate to “muslim lands”

Tnuza Jamal Hassan Prior to the arson incident

Hassan was born in the United States

She started attending St Catherine University, a small prestigious Roman Catholic University in her home town of Minneapolis, Minnesota, in the fall of 2016

In March 2017 Hassan gave a letter to three fellow students, encouraging them to engage in Jihad. The letter alarmed the receipients, who took the letter to campus security. Campus security forwarded her letter to Federal Bureau of Investigation.

In September 2017 Hassan tried to travel to Afghanistan. Hassan tried to get to Afghanistan by traveling to a nearby country, and only then trying to get to Afghanistan. But authorities in Dubaidetained her, on September 19, and returned her to the United States, because she lacked a visa.

The FBI interviewed Hassan on September 22.

Hassan and her mother, tried to leave the United States again, in December, ostensibly to travel to Ethiopia.

While a student, Hassan had drafted and delivered a letter that is said to have espoused disturbingly radical muslim beliefs. The Police say she described how her letter frightened her roommates, who forwarded it to campus security. In February the Federal Bureau of Investigation acknowledged that they had interviewed Hassan about the letter in September, 2017.

The FBI stated that Hassan denied any knowledge of the letter, which called for recepients to join Al Qaeda, the Taliban or Al Shabaab.

Hassan had left home approximately ten days prior to the incident, and her mother and older sister say they didn’t know where she was. Commentators asked why the FBI hadn’t been aware of this unusual behavior, and raised an alarm, at this point. Authorities speculate that Hassan had been finding places to sleep on the campus of her former University during the period between leaving home and the arson incident.

Tnuza Jamal Hassan Arson incident

Investigators would eventually conclude that Hassan had run away from home, around January 10, 2018, and was clandestinely living on campus, even though she was no longer a student at the University. On January 18, 2018, over the course of several hours, multiple fires were started on campus. The fires caused no injuries. The fires were lightly reported until local crime reporters reading the charging documents realized that prosecutors were making a connection to terrorism.

Ramsay County Prosecutor Margaret Galvin described the charges Hassan faced in local courts, the most serious of which was first degree Arson. According to newspaper accounts of the charging documents she said that after viewing the destruction of schools in Iraq and Syria, that she attributed to American military bombardment, she thought she should destroy schools in America. The charging documents describe Hassan telling interrogators that she had hoped to burn the campus to the ground, and that it was fortunate for the University that she did not know how to build bombs, that she would have used bombs, if she had known how to construct them.

Galvin told reporters that law enforcement officials were looking into whether Hassan had an “international connection”. By January 2018 Hassan faced Federal charges.

Ted Vezner, of the St Paul’s Pioneer Press, reported trying and failing to get Federal law enforcement officials to go on record as to whether Hassan would face Federal charges. She remains in custody. Bail was set at $100,000. Her next hearing is set for February 28, 2019.

ReBecca Koenig Roloff, the University’s President, thanked law enforcement officials, and assured other muslims that the University recognized this was an “isolated incident”, that should not trigger caution against other muslims.

On February 7, 2018, Federal Prosecutors laid three charges against Hassan: Material Support for Terrorism; Arson; and lying to Law Enforcement officials. Following the indictment the University’s administration issued a statement informing the campus community that they had been cooperating with law enforcement officials in their investigation of the letter, but, at their request, they had kept the existence of the letter a secret.Hassan pled not guilty.

A February filing by law enforcement authorities revealed that they were investigating whether Hassan had left her family home a week or more prior to the arson incident, and had been hiding on the campus. The University announced that the reports had triggered it to arrange for an independent third party to conduct an audit of the University’s safety procedures.

On February 17, 2018, CBS News quoted Jeffrey Ringel, a counter-terrorism expert formerly with the FBI, and currently with the Soufan Group. He noted that, when Hassan had attempted to travel to Afghanistan, in September 2017, the FBI had stopped her, interrupted her journey, interviewed her. He noted she willingly confessed to planning to marry a warrior, and said she would become a suicide bomber. He stated, that, in his opinion, this confession should have been sufficient to lay charges against her then. He said he couldn’t explain why she had been set free. The Ledger quoted Ron Hosko, another former FBI agent, who reminded the public that the extent of the FBI monitoring had not been made public. The Ledger quoted Stephen Vladeck, a law professor specializing in Constitutional law and counter-terrorism issues, who pointed out law enforcement officials can’t monitor every threat: “This is a circle that can’t be squared. We are never going to keep tabs on every single person who might one day pose a threat.”

On April 5, 2018, KSTP reported that after Hassan’s lawyer had requested she be given house arrest On April 12, Federal prosecutors cited an FBI analysis of documents found on her cell phone, that stated it contained “Files of Concern”. On April 17 her house arrest request was turned down by Judge Steven Rau.

On May 7, 2018, Audrey Alexander, a fellow at George Washington University’s Program on Extremism offered Hassan’s case as an example of the missing resources counter-terrorism officials needed. She pointed out that Hassan had indicated a potential risk, but couldn’t be stopped

Tnuza Jamal Hassan Competency

Hassan’s attorney’s had called for a competency hearing, to determine whether she was fit to stand trial. On November 2, 2018, forensic psychologist Cynthia Low testified that, following five hours of examination of Hassan, testified she found her “open and honest”, and concluded she had an average ability to understand the charges against her, and participate in her defense.

Steven Rau, a Magistrate Judge, deferred ruling on the advice offered during the hearing.

In her testimony Low referred to symptoms Hassan manifested, between April and June 2018 Hassan’s attorney Robert Sicoli declined to elaborate over those symptoms.

On January 25, 2019, Tnuza’s Federal trial was scheduled for February 4, 2019, before Judge Patrick J. Schiltz. On January 25, 2019, Rau postponed Hassan’s trial, again, because her mental health treatment precluded playing a role in her defence.


Rate article
Add a comment