Dylan Klebold Bio
Dylan Bennet Klebold, born in Denver, Colorado on September 11, 1981, was the youngest of Thomas and Susan Klebold’s two children. After gunning down innocent students at Columbine High School on April 20, 1999, he shot himself.
Early Life, Parents, Profile
The Little League pitcher and Boy Scout would grow up feeling disenfranchised, alone and rejected by peers. Suicidal and depressed, Klebold would first commit mass murder before taking his own life as he’d vowed to do in his journal.
His mother Sue would later write that her son did not display a violent nature. Klebold would say on a video he made with fellow mass murderer Eric Harris that his parents once saw him with a trench coat on under which was hidden a sawed-off shotgun: “They didn’t even know it was there.”
Much of what is known about Klebold comes from the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office’s official report on the Columbine Massacre.
At the family home, the Klebolds also observed some rituals in keeping with Klebold’s maternal grandfather’s Jewish heritage. Klebold attended Normandy Elementary in Littleton, Colorado for the first two grades before transferring to Governor’s Ranch Elementary and became part of the CHIPS (“Challenging High Intellectual Potential Students”) program. He found the transition to Ken Caryl Middle School difficult
Fast Facts About Dylan Klebold That’s you Need to Know
- Harris and Klebold committed suicide in the library, where they had killed ten of their victims.
- Klebold was very unpopular student and target of bullying
- He with Eric David Harris began experimenting with pipe bombs, they posted results of the explosions on the websites.
- After Attack Websites are removed by authorities
- A ‘Gentle Boy,’ His Parents Told Investigators, Klebold Was Enrolled in an Elementary School Program for High Intellectual Potential Students
- In High School, Klebold Was Involved in School Play & Video Production & Built His Own Computer
- Despite His Behaviors & Being Arrested With Harris For Breaking Into a Van & Stealing Computer Parts, He Was Accepted to the University of Arizona as a Computer Science Major
- But ‘VoDKa,’ as he Referred to Himself, Was in a Very Dark Place Evidenced by His Behavior & His Journals & Videos. Klebold Self-Harmed by Cutting Himself
- Before Long, His Suicidal Ideation Morphed Into Homicidal Ideation & Then, Homicide
Jese Bal born Nov 9, 1982, is a novelist and poet. He has published novels, volumes of poetry, short stories, and drawings. His works are distinguished by the use of a spare style and have been compared to those of Jorge Luis Borges and Italo Calvino.